Saturday, August 7, 2010

Free rice!

My parents were on the Nanny.

My great uncle was the head of design on that show, and he used my parents wedding picture for one of the props.
My mom told me about that a long, long time ago, but I forgot...until I turned the TV on and there they were, in Whoopi Goldberg's lap XD






They're at 2:28, I believe.

So in other news, I finally figured out what I have.
Because I have depression. But it's never been really, really bad. Just sort of...there.
Which confused me, because when you read books about it, that's not how it is.
So for the past six years I've been half-convinced that my sub-conscious was making the whole thing up out of boredom or something.

But then I found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dysthymia
Dysthymia. Interesting.
And it pretty much fits to a tee.
I actually almost cried, simply because for once I was 100% percent sure that I actually had a reason for being like that.
Very refreshing news :D

Funny, I also got a chain message via text, today.
Usually, those annoy me, and I don't send them out.
I'd rather face the girl with the missing face who's going to drown me in my bed tonight.

But I liked this one. And it didn't threaten me with death.
SHARING TIME!

"Did you know that 1 in 12 teens will attempt suicide at some point?
So I just wanted to say...I love you, and I know that others love you.
Fwd this to everyone you know, cos you never know who'll need it."

I  smiled.

Apparently August is turning into Natalie Trys To Be A Better Person Month.
I've started the bracelet thing. I play http://www.freerice.com/ all the time (it actually is quite fun. and really, reallly addicting.). And now I've started leaving notes in library books.

What have I become?!

5 comments:

  1. That is a sweet text! I am def going to send it to my friends =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a FreeRice addict, blogging about it tomorrow :D
    And I want to start that bracelet thing, have to get a bracelet first :')

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I love the Nanny. I just started watching it recently, but it's hilarious. That is so cool. And the fact that I can here Fran's obnoxious voice playing on the TV downstairs while I was reading this totally made my night.

    I love freerice as well. That's what my english teacher last year always made us do when we finished our assignments early in the computer lab. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sad that everyone ignored the whole "Dysthymia" thing. I lurv you Hoff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, that's already been discussed multiple times on a different blog. I don't believe there's much more to say.
    Obviously the nanny is far more exciting.

    ReplyDelete