Sunday, August 8, 2010

Libero! Libero Libero Liberoooo!

That's from Bloomability, by Sharon Creech. Oh, how I love that book.

You know what's...odd? Time.
It has a way of sneaking up on you and confusing you.
For instance....the whole Marky debacle seems like it was years ago.
But there are days that we spent together long before that that seem like they were only weeks ago.
And christmas. Christmas hardly seems as though it were 8 months ago.
But I can't even remember New Year's Eve.
No comprendo on my part.


So the other day I got some new books in the mail.
Dramarama, by E. Lockhart, The Reluctant Heiress and A Company of Swans, both by Eva Ibbotson, and Lock and Key, by Sarah Dessen.

I think my favorite part of getting new books is definitely this:


Writing my name inside.
It's always been the part I love most.
I have books from when I was three or four with my name written on the first page.
'Natalie', where the 'a's look like 'q's and the 'L' goes from the top of the page to the bottom.

I also got some new music.
I had $50 in iTunes giftcards, and I gifured now was as good a time as any to use them.
I got The Pretty Reckless' EP, a bunch of Regina Spektor, some Lady Gaga, some Gorillaz, and various other stuff.
I'm really loving alt. rock and pop right now.
And anything Indie.
And I really, really love Lights. Especially the acoustic EP she just released.
She's kind of amazing.
No, seriously, go have a listen. I don't want to be a vidspammer, but youtube is your friend.

And while you're there, looking up 'Rasputin by Boney M' is definitely worth your while.
Because who doesn't love disco soul music about russian monks?

No comments:

Post a Comment