Friday, August 6, 2010

BEDA!

Blog Every Day in August.
I've started a bit late, having just heard about it (through the nedfighters ning; nerdfighters ftw!).
We'll see how it goes.

So I've decided to start this thing.
I heard about from Alex Day/nerimon, on youtube. According to science, it takes 21 days to break a habit. That's the whole idea behind this thing, which I will actually start to explain.....now.


So you take a bracelet. Any bracelet, although it should go with anything you might be wearing for the next 21 days.
Now take note of the day. Write it down somewhere.
And now (here's the hard part): Stop complaining.
No, seriously.
Every time you utter a complaint, take the bracelet off, put it on your other wrist, and start over.
If you can make it 21 days without complaining, than congratulate youself. Hypothetically, you've  cured yourself of the complaining habit, and you can walk around, content in the knowledge that you're a way better person than everyone else. You make want to use the time you would otherwise use complaining to practice your smug-ass smile.

I'm starting tomorrow, although I've decided to swap complaining for snapping at people.
Because A) I snap far more than I really should, and B) I really, really like complaining. I'm not sure that I'm ready to give up my favorite hobby yet.
Bracelets! They're all attached, so I'm going to be wearing all of them. Quick shout-out to facebook in the background...hiii facebook ^-^


Before I go, I wish to leave you with this, an e-mail I recently received. I'm pretty upset at Yahoo for putting this in my spambox...I coud've missed this fantastic opportunity!

FROM THE DESK OF DR ANGO ZONGO
AUDITING AND ACCOUNTING SECTION OF BANK OF AFRICA (B.O.A)
OUAGADOUGOU BURKINA-FASO
WEST AFRICA.


Dear Partner,

(PRIVATE/CONFIDENTIAL)
I am Dr Ango Zongo, the director in charge of auditing and accounting section of Bank of Africa (BOA) Ouagadougou Burkina-Faso West-Africa. I would like you to indicate your interest to receive the transfer of US$9.8 Million Dollars. I will like you to stand as the next of kin to my late client whose account is presently dormant for claims. Please once you are interested kindly send me the following details information below.

1.Your.Full Name:...........
2.Your.Resident Address:.............
3.Your.Private Phone:...............
4.Your.Country And City:...........
5.Your.Occupation:.........
6.Your.Age:.........

Thanks,
Dr.Ango Zongo

I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. ooh! Your doing the bracelet thing? Well, a modified version! That is awesome! :)
    Arghjkhgfd! Don't you hate when really important emails are put into spam?? I missed one from the president yesterday asking my password xD

    ReplyDelete